September 25, 2019 no comment kartik
The BSMQ business migration program opened on the 22 July 2019 for the 2019-20 financial year.
The program remains open with nomination quota still available.
Due to the popularity of the program and the significant number of EOIs BSMQ have received, processing times are longer than the usual 10 business days.
2019-20 FY Updates for the Business Migration Program
BSMQ has created new business migration proposal templates and fact sheets.
These can be found at: https://migration.qld.gov.au/downloads/
BSMQ business migration application forms have also been updated. Please download the application forms directly from the links provided in the portal every time, once you have been invited to submit documents to support your application.
There are also some additional items to note for the 132 and 188 visas regarding Queensland eligibility criteria:
188 Business Innovation Stream
- Entry level small retail business, such as convenience stores, cafes, restaurants are only accepted if your proposed business is established in regional Queensland.
- General importing business will not be accepted unless the imported products are highly innovative, advanced in technology, or currently unavailable in Queensland. You should also provide value-adding service to the imported products such as customised design, product assembly installation, testing, repair, maintenance etc.
- Property development businesses will not be acceptable.
132 Significant Business History Stream
- Property Development Business
Demonstrate that you have the relevant business background
If you intend to establish your property development business in Queensland, your total assets transfer and investment in the business must be higher than the entry level.
A property development project needs to be a large scale and ongoing business
- General Importing Business
Please note: General importing businesses will not be accepted unless the imported products are highly innovative, advanced in technology, or currently unavailable in Queensland. You should also provide a value-add service to the imported products, such as customised design, product assembly, installation, testing, repair, mintenance etc.
BSMQ is currently prioritising the processing of 132 and 188 Significant Investor visas.
For further information on the BSMQ business migration program, please contact us and talk to registered agents
CECA Melbourne: 📞03 9663 1318
CECA Sydney: 📞 +61 2 9004 7981