October 1, 2019 no comment kartik

The Department of Home Affairs has announced a new initiative for an additional Temporary Graduate visa with an extra year of post-study work rights for international students who:

  • graduate from the regional campus of a registered university or institution with a higher education or postgraduate qualification; and
  • maintain ongoing residence in a regional area while holding their first Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa

The second Temporary Graduate visa will require ongoing residence in a regional area.

The definition of regional Australia for this purpose will be the same as the definition for skilled migration – all of Australia except Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.


Increase in post-study work rights based on Australian qualification

  • Bachelor degree (including Honours ): 2 + 1 year
  • Masters by coursework: 2 + 1 year
  • Masters by research: 3 + 1 year
  • Doctoral degree: 4 + 1 year
  • Other course of study comprising at least 2 academic years: 1.5 + 1 year

In order to be eligible for this visa extension, students need to graduate from a regional institution and then spend at least two years residing in a regional area. The additional Temporary Graduate visa will be officially implemented in November 2019, and be available to the first eligible graduates from 2021.

Existing Temporary Graduate visa holders may be eligible, provided they can meet these requirements.

Regional areas may include Newcastle, Wollongong, NSW Central Coast, Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra.

If you wanna know more or need any assistance for your visa application please contact us

▪️CECA SYDNEY   T: +61 2 9004 7971

▪️CECA MELBOURNE  T: +61 3 9663 1318


  • Share :

Post a comment

Newsletter Powered By : XYZScripts.com