Australia is a popular destination for skilled migrants. The SkillSelect program initiated by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australia, also allows the applicants to get a permanent Australian visa after meeting the immigration requirements. The purpose of General Skilled Migration visa is to permit highly employable individuals to migrate to Australia. It is the most common form of migration and is our core expertise at CECA. Additionally, we are registered migration agents in Melbourne, striving to provide the best services to individuals, families and potential employees.
There is no comprehensive eligibility, but the GSM program has set minimum standards for the applicants to achieve GSM visa. The visa primarily depends on the age, sufficient fluency in English language (tested by International English Language Testing System), qualifications, nominated occupation, skills assessment, health assessment and a character assessment.
The skilled professionals, migrants or workers need to understand the skilled migration provisions in the country. Basically, every applicant has to undergo Skill Select program involving two steps – submitting an EOI (Expression of Interest) and completing the actual visa application process. The visa is subjected to the test score obtained in the SkillSelect program and other basic requirements.
The Australian visas under this category are issued as,
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 – Meant for individuals who are planning to settle in Australia permanently.
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 – Requires nomination by Australian or territory government.
- Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489 – 4 year provisional visa, sponsored by relative/Australian government/territory government.
- Skilled Regional Subclass 887 – Permanent stage of the Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489.
- Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 – For international students who have completed 2 years of study in Australia.
- Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 – 18 months work visa for engineering graduates
Who Can Apply?
Individuals who seek permanent residency, looking for better job opportunities, or aspiring to enjoy a better standard of living should apply for the GSM visa. Australia is a highly livable continent with a list of amazing cities, relaxing Australian beaches and multicultural environment. The continent unlocks the door to many possibilities and equal job opportunities.
Considering the above mentioned points, it is important to choose the right occupation as it highly affects your skills assessment, points scored and eligibility for the available state-sponsored visa. At CECA, we have handled applications for a wide range of sub-classes and can assist you in acquiring the best possible outcome.