Work Rights During Studies

You can work for 20 hours per week throughout your academic year. The only condition is that you should be enrolled in a full-time course of study that meets any of the criteria listed below:

  • You should be undertaking at least two years long course at a private training institute or tertiary institutions.
  • Your course should lead to a New Zealand qualification qualifying for points under the Skilled Migrant Category of Immigration New Zealand’s Residence Instructions.
  • Your course should be at least one academic year long, and you should be part of an approved tertiary exchange scheme.
  • If you are studying in year 12 or 13, you can work with written permission from your school and parents.

You can work full time during Christmas and New Year holidays at the end of each academic year provided your course is full-time and more than 12 months long.

Newsletter Powered By : XYZScripts.com